immorak™ (immorak) wrote in newsworld,
immorak™
immorak
newsworld

Bush defends attack for ousting 'madman'

Washington - President George W. Bush admitted Sunday that some prewar intelligence on Iraq was wrong, but said he had to invade to protect Americans from Saddam Hussein's madness.

"I expected to find the weapons," Bush said in a rare hour-long interview on NBC's Meet the Press.

"I based my decision on the best intelligence possible . . . I don't think America can stand by and hope for the best from a madman.

"He had used weapons. He had manufactured weapons. He had funded suicide bombers into Israel. He had terrorist connections. In other words, all those ingredients said to me: Threat."

http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2004/02/09/p173.raw.html
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic